Monday 25 May 2009

Day 10: Moniaive to Lochranza

Arran, beautiful...

The beautiful rolling hills of Ayrshire under a, for once, blue sky, with the mountains of various islands in the distance made this a perfect cycling day. I missed it as I was wrapped up in my own little world of troubles. The flu-like symptoms were getting much worse, and the effort to continue felt relentless as we were on a schedule to get the ferry from Ardrossan to the Isle of Arran. We made it, just. And on the crossing, while everyone was out admiring the view and looking for dolphins, I was crashed out wishing the pounding in my head would go away. The paracetamol seemed to have no effect and the last 15 miles around Arran to Lochranza seemed to take forever. It also ended in probably the toughest climb of the trip so far which I only just managed running on empty. The spectacular scenery was again lost on me as I had to leave John at the dinner table and retire for what was to be a very long night...




No comments:

Post a Comment